Sunday, November 12, 2017

Coronation Street Catch Up: the knocking shop edition

a look back at last week on Canada's Coronation Street...

Yes, I know, I missed last week.

I had booked a night in a B&B run by this guy named "Pat" and it turned out to be a grotty basement room with chains and, get this, no ensuite bathroom!

Not sure what happened to those two other guys staying there, but I'm only giving it one star in my review.

Yes, folks, the relentless story lines of death, gloom and doom continue unabated on Coronation Street. Whatever happened to all those lighthearted stories - like when Jack Duckworth was playing away using a fake name? Curly and Raquel's ill-fated romance?  Fred the butcher marrying anything that moved?

But I digress. Here's the gruesome body count: Vinny got shot by Andy who was shot by Phelan (still with me?). Seb fell off a ladder and is in serious condition at Weatherfield General and, oh yeah, he may be HIV positive.

Phelan is keeping busy, disposing of bodies and using the power of negative persuasion to convince Seb that Anna Windass is to blame for pushing Seb off the ladder. Nicola confronts Daddy Dismal and lets him know that she knows about his past rapes (her Mom and Anna). Then she takes off.

Faye thinks Anna called Social Services to come round to Seb's house which led to the twins being placed in care (hint: it was Sally).

Luke thinks Alya and Aidan are having it off (they're actually starting a new business). Craig has a new mentor. Sinead is getting anxious waiting for Chesney to return with his son, Joseph.

Sally's mayoral campaign continues, now with Gina as campaign manager. Speaking of Gina, seems she and Dev are having it off. Summer is back with Todd and Billy, but Billy turns himself in for assaulting Peter.

And now for a few lines from the week that was:

Phelan whispers sweet nothings into Seb's ear:
"Anna Windass wants you dead. she pushed you off that ladder"
(and, by the way, you're still fired)

Yasmeen to Buzzer the Bee:
"I could never never vote for some comedy costumed candidate"
(But costumed comedy candidates are doing so well these days)

Robert gets a jail visit from Michelle
"What am I missing?"
(Um, a bottle of Grecian Formula maybe?)

Dev comes downstairs with Gina and runs into Sally and supporters:
"I was undecided, now I'm rock solid"
(By which he means he ingested a citrate formulation to treat erectile dysfunction and engage in intercourse)

Annoyed Sally to Gina and Dev:
"This is my campaign HQ not a knocking shop"
(well, perhaps you should have been more specific about that)

Mary to Norris re: children:
"You're barren you wouldn't understand"
(he's annoying too, but don't let that deter you)

***
Well, patient punters, thanks for sticking with me during my absence (it was work related, or so I say). Happy to be back and glad to see you dropping by to read my feeble ramblings. Have a great week and all the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment